Meet Your Local Farmer Day Planned for Monday, March 5
February 27, 2012
Greenwood, SC - Building on the overwhelming success of the first year of the Uptown Greenwood Market Stands, the stands are BACK in 2012 kicking the year of with a BANG! The local farmers participating at the stands have scheduled a “Meet Your Local Farmer Day” for Monday, March 5 from 8 AM – 6 PM.
Highlights of the day include:
A spring season at the Uptown Greenwood Market Stands is currently in the works and slated to begin Monday, March 19!
- Availability for purchase of various locally grown cool weather crops including broccoli, beets, carrots, turnips, collard green lettuce gourmet salad mix, kale, onions, leeks, radish, scallions, and spinach
- A variety of locally grown herbs and plants for sale
- Locally produced and permitted Grade A raw milk
- Demonstrations include:
- Worm composting
- Observations bee hives and wax products
- Organic certification information
- Cooking demonstrations using local farm products by Chef Robert Lybrand of R3 Bistro in Uptown Greenwood (http://www.r3catering.com); times include 8 AM, Noon, and 4 PM
The Uptown Greenwood Market Stands are located on Maxwell Avenue across from The Mill House! The stands are a partnership effort of the City of Greenwood, South Carolina Department of Commerce and local farmers!
For additional information, call (864) 942-8412.