Uptown Sign Info
In the Spring of 1999, the Uptown Greenwood Development Corporation achieved one of its goals with the installation of a beautiful new sign in Uptown Greenwood. The sign is located in the center median at the pedestrian crosswalk across from the Grier building.
The Uptown Greenwood Development Corporation continually strives to keep Uptown businesspersons, property owners, and the community as a whole, informed of those events and activities that are taking place in Uptown Greenwood, as well as those being sponsored by Uptown businesses and organizations. The Uptown Greenwood sign will be an excellent tool to assist in this effort.
Uptown Greenwood Sign Usage
- The Uptown Sign is to be used to promote/announce special events and activities held within Uptown Greenwood.
- The Uptown Sign will also be used to promote/announce new businesses within the Uptown Special Tax District.
- Advertising from any businesses regarding special sales or store promotions will not be allowed.
- The Uptown Sign will be used to announce/promote multiple events/activities, as space allows.
- All requests for use of the sign must be made through the Manager of the Uptown Greenwood Development Corporation. Such requests must be made in writing and received by the 1st of the month for placement on the sign.
- If requests are questionable, they will be presented at the next Board meeting.
- All UGDC special events/activities will take priority over other announcements if the marquee is full. Requests to place announcements from organizations other than UGDC on the marquee will be done on a first come, first serve basis, behind the UGDC events. Requests should be made well in advance to secure a space.
- Announcements from organizations other than UGDC will remain on the sign for a maximum period of 4 weeks. The length of time is at the Board’s discretion.
- Any non-profit organizations located within Uptown may use the sign to announce/promote special activities/events.
- The Manager of the Uptown Greenwood Development Corporation will be responsible for maintaining and updating the sign as necessary.